Why choose ACUVUE® products for kids?
A more common condition than you may think
Concern about children aged 12 and younger having the maturity to care for contact lenses is among the most common reasons optometrists do not tend to offer them to younger patients. However, results of one study about children, teens and contact lenses, the Contact Lenses in Paediatrics Study, indicate that children as young as eight are capable of providing adequate lens care.
ACUVUE® offers a number of options for daily wear or daily disposable contact lenses that make it easier for children and teens to successfully wear contact lenses. For example:
- 1-DAY ACUVUE® MOIST offers children a convenient daily disposable modality as well as LACREON® Technology for long-lasting comfort
- ACUVUE OASYS® with HYDRACLEAR® PLUS helps retain the eyes' own moisture for a smooth-feeling surface and optimal comfort – even for new contact lenses wearers
- For children with astigmatism, 1-DAY ACUVUE® MOIST for ASTIGMATISM and ACUVUE OASYS® for ASTIGMATISM provide freedom from glasses, particularly for sports or other activities, without sacrificing vision clarity and stability
- ACUVUE® is the only major contact lens brand that offers high levels of UV-blocking across its entire range of products, * a feature that is so important for young eyes
*All ACUVUE® Brand Contact Lenses have Class 1 or Class 2 UV-blocking to help provide protection against transmission of harmful UV radiation to the cornea and into the eye. UV-absorbing contact lenses are NOT substitutes for protective UV-absorbing eyewear such as UV-absorbing goggles or sunglasses because they do not completely cover the eye and surrounding area.
1. JJVC Data on file 2009: 1 week bilateral crossover study, 1 week wear with 1-DAY ACUVUE® MOIST and DAILIES® AquaComfort Plus®, N=1213.
2. JJVC Data on file 2010; Randomised, subject-masked, bilateral, cross-over dispensing study, 1 week DW, with habitual soft toric lens wearers. N=67; *P <0.05.
3. Data on file JJVC 2002 and 2012.
4. Hayes V, Schnider C and Veys J. An evaluation of 1-day disposable contact lens wear in a population of allergy sufferers. CLAE 2003 Jun;26(2):85-93.
5. JJVC data on file 2010. Parallel group, single masked bilateral, randomised, dispensing study of habitual contact lens wearers. 1 week of Daily Wear 71% of patients agreed that ACUVUE OASYS® was excellent/very good at keeping eyes from feeling tired throughout the day, 79% of ACUVUE OASYS® wearers never/ rarely experienced tiredness, 91% said lenses felt barely there. N=171.
6.Sulley A, Young G, Lorenz K & Hunt C. Clinical evaluation of fitting toric soft contact lenses to current non-users. Ophthalmic Physiol Opt 2013, 33, 94–103.
7. Chamberlain P et al. Fluctuation In Visual Acuity During Soft Toric Contact Lens Wear. Optom Vis Sci 2011; 88: 534-538.
8. McIlraith R, Young G, Hunt C. Toric lens orientation and visual acuity in non-standard conditions. CLAE 2010; 33 (1): 23-26.